The National Association of Music
Merchants (NAMM) offers the following reasons why everyone should love (and
visit!) their local music store:
10. A music store is knowledgeable. Whether you’ve been playing music for years or are a
new player who recently took NAMM’s “Pledge to Play,” your local
music store has expert staff on hand to help and talk all things music.
From advising on how to choose your first instrument to finding any accessory
you need to keep on playing, your local music store can provide valuable
guidance and resources.
9. A music store is in your neighborhood. Your local music store can get you on the path to
playing music, and most are closer than you think. Visit www.wannaplaymusic.com to locate the
nearest music retailer. You’ll be surprised to find that there might be more
than one just around the corner!
8. A music store is a community center. Not only are local music stores an inspiring
space for aspiring music makers, they are also a good place to find out about
local music events and concerts, performance opportunities and to talk to other
people with musical interests like you.
7. A music store is reliable. Local music stores want to make sure you
are happy with your purchase and equipped in the best way possible to play the
music you desire. That means they will help you select the best new or used
instrument and accessories for your needs. When purchased at your local music
store, any and all used instruments typically undergo a rigorous disinfecting
process, so you can rest assured that your musical instrument is clean, safe,
and will play as good as new.
6. A music store is resourceful. Whether you’re looking for a reed for your
clarinet or want to know the very best way to clean your instrument, your local
music store can help. If they don’t carry the part, local music stores will
order it for you to ensure you get exactly what you need. Additionally, music
stores have knowledgeable staff members who know and use the most thorough
techniques to clean and sanitize your instrument.
5. A music store gets your love of music. Local music stores are born from an intense love for
music—and they are in business to share it. The staff at your local music store
usually comprises teachers or performers and are life-long students themselves—
constantly expanding their musical horizons, and eager to share their passion
and knowledge with customers.
4. A music store is personable. Your local music store staff will take the time
to get to know you and your musical needs to help keep you motivated as you
reach your goal of becoming a musician.
3. A music store will understand. Be it time or budget, the team at your local music
store understands your daily constraints, fears, or worries about playing
music, and can work with your schedule and resources, or help to address any of
2. A music store is flexible. Local music stores offer flexible financing, such as
monthly payment plans and extended hours of operation for your convenience.
Contact your local music store today to see what they can do for you!
1. A music store CARES. Local music stores are eager to help anyone in
the pursuit of becoming a music maker and improve countless lives through
music. For example, staff members often give up their time to attend school
board meetings and fight for your kids’ music education programs. Whether you
are continuing or just beginning your musical journey, visit your local music
store to experience the proven benefits of playing music!